Would you like to work for a dynamic, exciting overseas aid agency in Dublin with the opportunity to travel occasionally to East Africa and visit our programmes there?
Vita is an Irish development partner working for climate smart communities in Africa. Our mission is to achieve thriving rural economies in Africa with access to services, markets and livelihoods for all.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working and responsible individual with the right temperament to work with our small, smart, innovative team on our next generation models of development. The candidate must have a professional manner, the ability to work independently as well as part of a team. Great interpersonal and writings skills, particularly around social media and content management are important as well as excellent communications and organisational skills.
Working to the Head of Communications and Fundraising, you will be joining a very energetic and experienced team with a strong sense of purpose as well as a great collective sense of humour. Responsibilities will include
- Have strong experience in website content management, social media management & marketing
- Be responsible for the delivery of a variety of materials including the Annual Report, case studies, newsletters & updates.
- Assist in planning events and trips
- Stakeholder engagement and partnership development
- Support fundraising & prospecting activities
- Other tasks as they emerge
The right person will
– Have excellent writing skills
– Be creative and able to deliver on a vision
– be a great organiser
– Have a proven track record in communications in any discipline
– Be able to work on your own initiative & comfortable with a certain amount of autonomy
– Be approachable, flexible & positive in your attitude
– Be willing and excited to travel to our programme countries
– Knowledge of salesforce would be an advantage
This is a Dublin-based position.
CV and short cover letter please by Close of Business Friday 07 October to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest!
Vita is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults that we come into contact with through our work, and to keeping them safe from exploitation and abuse. Vita is committed to first do no harm to children or adult beneficiaries and respect the rights of all beneficiaries. Vita has specific policies related to this commitment which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, consultants, and other Vita affiliates.
Any candidate offered a job with Vita will be expected to sign up to and abide by the Vita Safeguarding Policy and behaviour protocols. All successful candidates will be subject to detailed reference checks.