We are looking to recruit an experienced business professional with some exposure to international development to manage the Green Impact Fund low-carbon investment programme in Africa. This role will suit a professional project manager with experience in engineering, financial or commercial disciplines, and who also has international development and/or business experience. Salary is very competitive and commensurate with applicant’s profile. This is an excellent career development opportunity.
The Green Impact Fund is a highly innovative hybrid structure that incorporates the best elements of development aid and commercial entrepreneurship. The Fund accesses equity and loan investment from social impact investors to provide improved cookstoves, access to clean water to rural households in Africa. These projects reduce CO2 emissions which in turn generate voluntary carbon credits which can be sold to repay investors. The GIF will invest €10m over three years starting in late 2022 and is expected to grow to €50m thereafter. Vita is the sole project developer of the Green Impact Fund with responsibility for delivering cookstoves, water and forestry and fulfilling in-country carbon accreditation protocols.
Reporting to the Head of Programmes, the Green Impact Fund Project Manager will have responsibility for Vita’s project development and related carbon accreditation, focused particularly on Ethiopia and also Eritrea, with likely a third country within three years. The role involves the full cycle of project management, including funding, disbursement and financial reporting, project delivery, monitoring and evaluation, reporting and learning. The position is fulltime Dublin based with hybrid working options available.
- To agree annual targets, milestones, and budgets with the Director of the Vita Green Impact Fund
- To plan, coordinate and manage all in-country project implementation within budget
- To ensure compliance with all in-country project agreements, as well as carbon accreditation procedures
- To coordinate with the Green Impact Fund in engagement with carbon accreditation agencies and intermediary agents
- To report quarterly to the Green Impact Fund on project performance, financial results, and carbon accreditation
- To produce annual reports for GIF detailing financial, environmental, and social results
- To visit the programme countries to support the set-up, implementation, supervision, and control of all aspects of project development
Experience and Competencies
Ideally you will be passionate about climate change with more than a passing interest in development. Detail-oriented, creative and a self -starter, this role offers autonomy, a chance to work in a new and fascinating discipline and the opportunity to travel.
- Considerable project management experience and acumen
- Understanding of supply chain management, logistics, payment systems
- Knowledge of voluntary carbon accreditation (preferable but not a barrier)
- Solid financial and commercial report-writing and literacy
- Experience working in developing country with understanding and respect for local customs an advantage
- Proven teamwork and leadership skills as well as excellent communications skills
Vita is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults that we come into contact with through our work, and to keeping them safe from exploitation and abuse. Vita is committed to first do no harm to children or adult beneficiaries and respect the rights of all beneficiaries. Vita has specific policies related to this commitment which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, consultants, and other Vita affiliates.
Any candidate offered a job with Vita will be expected to sign up to and abide by the Vita Safeguarding Policy and behaviour protocols. All successful candidates will be subject to detailed reference checks.
How to Apply
Send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 02 October 2022.
Thank you for your interest!