Vita is a smart, dynamic and award-winning Irish Overseas Development Agency, partnering with farmers and communities in East Africa for over 30 years to deliver food, water and household energy. Our mission is to facilitate thriving rural economies in Africa with access to services, markets and livelihoods for all. We combine innovative funding and knowledge-backed collaborations with community–led initiatives. Over the past years Vita has received millions of Euro in funding from Irish Government, EU and other international partners.
The Vita Board, management and staff are driving radical innovation to deliver next generation models of development, including social impact investments such as the Vita Green Impact Fund. Now we are looking to recruit new Board members with expertise and experience in one or more of the following areas;
Investment & Business Development – Overseas Development – Audit, Risk & Governance – Agriculture / Climate Smart Agriculture – Communications – Fundraising – Entrepreneurship – Carbon finance
We want new Board members to be inspired by our mission, not only to participate on the Vita board and committees, but also to advise and support the Vita team and to be an ambassador for Vita.
Board and Committee meetings are held week-day afternoons in Dublin City Centre once a quarter and remotely when necessary. This role is voluntary and is not remunerated.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate that they are:
- Passionate commitment to the mission of Vita
- Sharing Vita’s values and utmost respect for our African partners and communities
- Willing to be an ambassador for Vita
- Willing to fulfill duties and standards of conduct required of a charity board member
- Willing to commit approximately eight hours per month
- Committed to visiting our programmes in Ethiopia and Eritrea
We are looking for candidates with expertise in at least some of the following areas:
- Finance – including accounting, auditing, risk, governance, compliance & legal
- Development – including international, agriculture, forestry & climate action
- Fundraising – including marketing, business, private or institutional
- Communications – including campaign management, advocacy, communications strategy, CSR and / or sustainability
- Business Development – including Ireland, UK, US and Europe, entrepreneurship, investment management, climate finance, commercial food systems (potato, etc)
Board diversity will be a consideration in this process.
Applications to be sent to email@example.com by Friday 20th November.